Time Management: Introduction
College can take up a lot of time, and when you are balancing study, work, leisure and family, you can sometimes feel that you're not in control. A lot of college time is self-directed: your classes are scheduled, but you need to find time to study. Managing and organising your time is a good way of making sure that you are staying on top of things and providing some study/life balance. Managing your time helps you to feel less overwhelmed and makes sure that you don’t forget important tasks.
Time management is not about getting as much done as possible in the shortest amount of time; instead it’s about making sure that your time is being used wisely so that important tasks are getting the time and attention they need.
This guide is intended to help you manage your time by:
- Providing advice and tips on managing your time
- thinking about planning scheduling activities
- introducing the Pomodoro technique for time management
- offering some downloadable Word and Excel templates for you to help organise your time
- highlighting some ebooks you can use to help with your time management
- suggesting further time management links and resources for you to look at