About the Library
Note: The library is always under construction
The ETBI FET Digital Library provides access to digital resources that support teaching and learning practices and to improve the educational experience for learners. The Digital Library offers resources for supporting learning as well as providing a support tool for teachers, trainers, and instructors.
The objectives of the Digital Library are:
- to provide a cost-effective, shared resource to all ETBs
- to improve learner resource access and experience,
- increase the breadth, depth and quality of online educational resources
- to ensure these resources are easy to discover and easy to use
The key benefits of a Digital Library for the ETB FET sector include:
- availability of resources for new programme development
- providing access to distributed learners over a distant geographical area
- providing economies of scale regarding resource acquisition
- efficiency - providing a central "one-stop shop" for resources; one home for resources as opposed to 16 ETB sites
Access to resources, a growing number of ebooks and links to useful websites, reference material, tutorials and guides. For PLC learners there are sections on library and academic writing skills that will be helpful when doing and writing up coursework.
Access to resources,a growing number of ebooks and sections relevant to professional learning and development. The library also provides a platform to share and display any resources or other content that practitioners would like to contribute