Time Management: Introduction
College can take up a lot of time, and when you are balancing study, work, leisure and family, you can sometimes feel that you're not in control. A lot of college time is self-directed: your classes are scheduled, but you need to find time to study. Managing and organising your time is a good way of making sure that you are staying on top of things and providing some study/life balance. Managing your time helps you to feel less overwhelmed and makes sure that you don’t forget important tasks.
Do note that time management is not about getting as much done as possible in the shortest amount of time; instead, it’s about making sure that your time is being used wisely so that important tasks are getting the time and attention they need.
This guide is intended to help you manage your time by:
- Assessing your existing time management skills through a quick quiz
- Introducing the principles of time management
- Offering more tips on time management
- Introducing the Pomodoro technique for time management
- Introduce the SMART method for setting goals
- Offering some Word and Excel templates for you to help organise your time
- Highlighting some ebooks you can use to help with your time management
- Suggesting further time management links and resources for you to look at
Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay (Pixabay Licence)