Time Management: 15 Ways to Beat Procrastination
This is a nice infographic with useful tips. Don't put off looking at it!
- Understand how procrastination affects your life. Think about the habits that often cause it.
Practice Effective Time Management
- Create estimates for completing assignments. Compare accuracy of estimates across tasks.
Change Your Perspective
- Think about what attracted you to your assignments. Look beyond the grades to what interests you.
Commit to Assignments.
- List tasks that you're confident you will complete. Make a point of crossing each task off.
Work in Productive Environments
- Choose where you work and with who, wisely. Don't study in places filled with distractions.
- Set reasonable targets to measure achievement. Be patient, change won't come overnight.
- Notice how you talk to yourself when procrastinating. Replace negative talk with positive.
- Develop a flexible schedule that only includes important tasks. Keep plenty of time free for extracurricular activities.
- Devote small chunks of time to a big task. Achieve as much as possible, without pressure.
Don't Indulge in Fantasies
- Stop fantasizing about desired results. Instead, devise practical steps to achieve them.
Plan for Obstacles
- List possible obstacle for completing assignments. Plan countermeasures.
Improve Learning Behavior
- Focus less on gratification in the present. Focus more on learning for the future.
- Ask your roommates or family not to indulge your habit. If you mess up, deal with the consequences alone.
- Create a reward system to celebrate successful tasks. Similarly, arrange small punishments for failures.
Learn to Forgive Yourself
- If you slip up, don't be hard on yourself. Understand that there is no quick-fix solution.
Source: Essay Expert