The Search Process: Evaluate
When you have a set of results, you should do the following:
- Look at the titles of the results
- If a title looks interesting or relevant, click on it.
- If a summary is provided then read that. If there is no summary, have a quick skim of the content. Does it seem relevant to your topic?
- If a result is relevant, are there other words and phrases in it that you could use to rephrase your search?
Some questions to ask:
- Which of the results look relevant to your search?
- What do you see in the search results that make them relevant or useful?
- Is there other information that would be helpful in addition to what you've found?
- Does this seem like enough relevant information for your search?
- Are you getting too many results?
- Are you getting too few results?
If you're not happy with the results or finding what you want, then you need to refine your search