Health and Wellbeing: Introduction
Disclaimer: The information provided in this section is not intended as, and no substitute for professional advice.
Doing a course can be challenging and it's easy to get anxious about exams and assignments as well feeling at times that it's all getting too much. There's also, at the time of writing, the small matter of living through the COVID-19 pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic is a strange and challenging event and it's a perfectly common response to feel worried or anxious, especially if you're studying. We may have to practice social distancing right now, but that doesn't but that doesn't mean we have to go through the crisis alone or without taking steps to watch our mental health. This section will list suggestions and resources that are intended to help you better cope with what life can throw at you.
The section has a number of pages that cover:
- stress management tips and suggestions
- a list of organisations that might be able to help you if you're stressed or need support
- some ways to maintain your digital wellbeing
- some exercises you can do, & classes and courses that you can take
- useful apps to help with your wellbeing
- games and puzzles to divert you
- some other diversions, such as virtual tours and cute animal web-cams
- articles worth reading
August 2020: There is some emphasis on resources to help cope with the COVID-19 pandemic but other, more general resources are included.