Assignment Planning: Research the Assignment
Note that there are two forms of research:
- Primary research, which is where you gather data yourself, in the form of, for example, surveys, interviews and experiments.
- Secondary research, where you summarise and analyse information that has been generated elsewhere, including other people's primary research.
We'll concentrate on secondary research, so you need to find information that has been created elsewhere, how do you do this?
It can appear complicated and there's a lot to discuss, too much for one page, so the detail has been spread over several different sections of this site.
- The Search Process discusses the steps involved in a search
- Information Sources looks at the most commonly used sources of information and the differences between them
- Evaluating Sources will help you assess the quality of your sources, particularly those available on the web.
- Search Skills looks at the techniques involved in searching library resources
<< Getting Started Take Notes >>