As mentioned on other pages, the use of Digital Rights Management (DRM) prevents unlimited copying and printing from ebooks on this platform. The ebooks here come from different publishers who all have different rules about how much printing and copying can be done in one 24-hour period. If the print allowance is 50 pages per day, then today you can print 50 pages and tomorrow you can print a different 50 pages.
Printing and copying rules might be a bit complicated so we'll try and keep this simple.
There are three ways of reading an ebook:
- Read the whole book online in the online reader
- Download the whole book to read in Adobe Digital Editions
- Download a chapter to read in any app that can open a pdf, such as Adobe Reader.
Regarding printing and copying:
- You can print and copy text in the online reader
- You can print and copy text in Adobe Digital Editions
- You can copy and print in Adobe Reader
One more thing, sorry.
In the online reader, you can only to print to pdf not to paper. Not ideal, but...
The print and copy allowances can be found in the Availability section of the book detail page
In the online reader, simply press the print button to print to pdf. Pressing print opens this box
You can print:
- The page you're at in the ebook - the current page
- A range of pages, with the maximum number shown - this maximum number is the daily allowance
- The current chapter you have open in the ebook
Select Harvard as the citation style and press Continue. This box comes up
Depending upon your browser's settings, either you'll be prompted to save/open the pdf, or the pdf will in a new browser tab.
There are two ways of copying text
1. Click and drag the mouse to select the text you want to copy
A little box with five buttons appears. Four will be mentioned on the Annotating, Bookmarking and Notetaking page, but for now, just click the Copy Text button, which opens this box
Press Ctrl+C to copy the text and Ctrl-V to paste it somewhere. If the text isn't highlighted (like above) it won't be copied. Click done when you're finished.
2. Click the Copy Text button on the productivity toolbar before selecting any text. This will open the same box above, this time containing all the text from the current page.