PressReader Accessibility Mode is fully compliant to meet Level AA of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
Switch on accessibility mode by clicking on the "kebab" menu buttonon the top right of the page. This opens a box with a number of options, with Accessibility mode in the General section.
Users of the PressReader Website, in accessibility mode should be able to:
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard,
- go directly to main content areas on the page using skip links,
- listen to most of the PressReader content using a screen reader,
- navigate the entire PressReader Accessibility Mode using speech recognition software,
- zoom in up to 400% using browser tools without text spilling off screen,
- search for keywords or publications,
- navigate on publications menu,
- read publications in article mode.
When you open a publication, you will see some options to the left of the front page of the publication:
Click Listen to have the publication read to you.