PressReader: Browsing and Searching
When you first open PressReader, the default view is the catalogue (spelled Catalog) which is split into different sections
- Featured: A random selection of available titles
- Categories - classifying magazines by subject matter (all newspapers are in the News category)
With Featured, Newspapers and Magazines, you can select See All or swipe or click the right arrow to scroll and view new titles.
Click on a specific category to see titles in that category
You can also browse titles from specific countries or languages by clicking or and selecting countries or languages
When you first open PressReader, you can click on the For You section at the top of the page to find your home feed, which is automatically populated with top stories from your location’s latest publications.
In the feed, simply scroll or swipe from right to left and view new articles as they appear. If you want to read an article, click or tap on the article’s title, or the little green arrow at the bottom of the article, to reveal the full story,
You can search for articles across titles by using the Search feature. Click the magnifying glass on the top right of the page to search. This opens a search box where you enter your search terms.
Clicking Advanced Search, below the search box, brings up several options:
- Keyword options - search for
- Languages - search for articles in a specific language
- Publications - search for articles in a specific publication
- Author - search for articles by a specific author (you must enter the author's name)
- Date - specify a date or date range